What is Hypnosis ?
According to the American Heritage Dictionary , Hypnosis is defined as:
“An artificially induced altered state of
consciousness, characterized by heightened
suggestibility and receptivity to direction.”
-and one also finds there a reference to hypnosis as “a
The following meaning of hypnosis will help you achieve a deeper understanding of the subject as well.
Hypnosis is a separation of your conscious mind from your subconscious mind (induction into a trance) which is brought about for the purpose of making life altering changes. There are two parts to hypnosis – the induction (trance) on one side of the spectrum and the suggestions (which are imparted during the hypnotic trance) and post suggestions (that determine what is to after waking up from the trance/ in the future) on the other side of the spectrum.
Hypnosis is a holistic approach to conflict resolution and can help to overcome the addictive trait once and for all.
How does Hypnosis Work ?
Hypnosis works by temporarily separating the critical conscious mind from the subconscious mind. Once the subconscious mind is isolated, goals or anything else
(good, bad or irrelevant) may be programmed into the subconscious.
To arrive at this process of splitting the conscious from the subconscious, a technique called “Spiritual induction” is used by Manroop Miracle Mind in all the Cds.
What Hypnosis can be used for …
Hypnosis can be used to improve, heighten, and contain the positives and to decrease or eliminate the negatives inside of you. It can also be used for both health related and non-health related conditions.
Map of the Brain
1. Conscious mind – often rejects direct suggestions even when such suggestions are good for you!
2. Represents 10% of your brain power
4. Performs any problem solving (e.g. critical thinking,school work such as math and science)
5. Assertiveness originates here
6. Voluntary controls of muscles and some bodily functions
7. Language (words)
8. Brain waves (beta = 14-28 cps). We are in this brain wave state about 15-20 hours per day, which accounts for our high level of stress
9. Memory lasts up to 1 ½ hours before it moves to the Corpus Callosum
1. Part of your critical faculty
2. Defense mechanism
3. Helps protect the subconscious from intruders (something that you don’t want to do)
4. When the mind and body relaxes (trance), the corpus callosum gets thinner
5. Naturally wider in women than men, which is the reason why women tend to be more intuitive and emotional
6. This is the brain’s super highway where thoughts travel back and forth between both halves (left and right) of the brain
7. One of the most important parts of the corpus callosum is that information is stored here each day as it comes to us (hypnosis, self-hypnosis, affirmations, good, bad or irrelevant) and downloads into the subconscious mind during the dream process
8. Memory lasts up to 24 hours before it downloads to the subconscious
1. Subconscious mind
2. Represents 90% of your brain power
5. Involuntary controls of muscles and bodily functions
6. Language (symbols, stories and metaphors)
7. Brain waves (alpha = 8-16 cps, theta = 4-8 cps and delta = ½-3 cps)
8. This is the consciousness a person goes into when in hypnosis to work on addictions, combat stress, increase confidence and focus, stop smoking, lose weight, etc.
9. This is where all memory, good, bad and/or irrelevant are stored. When habits are created, they are stored inside the subconscious mind. These habits could be positive (as in tying your shoelaces, reading and writing, treating other people with respect) or negative (as in smoking, promiscuity, using drugs, using profane language, recurring depression, disrespecting self/others, etc).
10. Some health issues may also become habit and be stored inside the subconscious mind, such as allergies, asthma, anger, fear, headaches, insomnia and stress.
11. If there are negative/traumatic memories from childhood/teenage years/adulthood, these memories will be located in this part of the brain and will cause the child, teenager or adult to experience self destructive thoughts and behavior.
12. When a child or adult is traumatized, he / she is automatically placed in trance (alpha, theta and/or delta) and what ever word(s) or experience he / she encounters during this time is embedded deeply inside of the subconscious mind/emotions. Amnesia (via time/and the way the brain protects itself) covers this up. However, the negative memories are still there and will cause problems in adulthood. The only way to release these memories would be through hypnotic trance.
13. Memory lasts a lifetime here